Sunday, January 11, 2009

A little something for Emilea



Hopefully this is readable...I got this out of a fortune cookie today and immediately laughed because I was thinking of you, being inappropriate for the only time during those two weeks and adding "in bed" to the end.

And I also smiled because this fortune totally fits you, Emilea. So what if you were being "selfish?" Don't we all want to believe that about ourselves? I'm not sure if I could really enjoy governor's school without a one of you, if I were accepted. But I would certainly take what I could get. I'd give away a lot to spend two years with you, darling. I would miss exercising and surfing the web with you, and being uplifted by your constant, fierce desire to be a better person.

So what if you're not "super friend?" You're you. A lovely and eloquent sunshine-bringer. We wouldn't have it any other way.

PS: Can you tell what the fortune is on top of?
PPS: Heather, I would love to hear about your reasons for not sending in the application. I'm sure you thought it out, and I'd really like to learn more, if that's okay.

3 comments:

Caroline said...

It's on your MOLESKINE!

<3

emilea said...

i love you. thank you sooosososososososooo much. just in case you were wondering, i would totally shell out 3500 dollars to spend two years with you. i would shell out 3500 dollars to spend two weeks (days, even) with you. :- ) all of you, really.

thank you friend. much love,
emilea

emilea said...

pssh! yes you can jump on band wagon! as i have said before, major multi-task mission. we need moms to hook up and make sure that they're not psychos so their children can be trusted...but i still believe it could happen!!!

grace peace and love,
emilea