Saturday, September 13, 2008

I'm Just a Wookie in a China Shop.

My little brother and I have this secret addiction to GSN. Actually, we have a not-so-secret addiction to winning. No, dominating. Completely smashing the other teams into smithereens (wonder where that word has its roots) and then kicking the wreckage around on the floor in the midst of our maniacal laughter.

Okay, so we're not that competitive. But we do love beating the people on TV, though no one will ever know but us. Who Wants to Be A Millionaire is most definitely a favorite. Today we tried to make it into the hotseat. And I did. You were supposed to name the movies from oldest to newest (A. Babe: Pig in the City, B. Willard, C. Gremlins, D. Bringing up Baby). And I just fired off "DBCA!!!" The winner's time was 6.42 seconds. We estimated that mine was about two seconds faster. (Because anything with Katharine Hepburn in it is obviously old as sin, Babe came out in my lifetime, Gremlins is from the 80's and Willard was just a wild guess.)

We also decided, after watching the 200 dollar question: "Clumsy people are often described as what 'in a china shop?'" Option D was Wookie. Daniel and I decided that we are most definitely wookies in a china shop. For one thing, Chewbacca's destruction is worse than a bull because he is more intelligent and therefore makes a more conscious choice to destroy things. For another, we freaking love wookies. We were raised by an anything-associated-with-outer-space nerd extraordinaire. We should be a species all to ourselves, unfit to interact on a daily level with other human beings.

I just felt like injecting some random into your lives because school just hurts my brain a whole lot and thinking about wookies make that tightly wound coil loosen up just slightly.

Also, we ran an orienteering course in a state park today and I got the fastest time. (It was a crappy time to begin with, but not terrible considering this is my second course ever, and the first one in a year.) It was incredibly fun. I have never had the ability to be comfortable without knowing exactly where I am, and am therefore a really rad map-reader. I also, as I mentioned before, get a really huge adrenaline rush from winning. ^_^

I miss you guys. A lot. It's like...haha, it's like this wookie is inside my chest, and every time I wish I could be with you he makes an anguished noise and thumps his fists against my sternum.

God, bone names are so funny. I find that humerus. (HAHA! I MADE A PUN!)

I obviously need to stop writing now, as all the parts of my brain that make semi-intelligent things to say started turning into collective goo after about the first paragraph or so.

All my love is stretched both your ways.
-Anna

12 comments:

Heather said...

haha, Anna, you make me laugh. Nerdfighters isn't even worthy of your wookie-ness. Seriously. Like a wookie in a china shop.

Seriously, I couldn't stop laughing at that.

And puns are the lowest form of humor (but are still very humerus...*rolls eyes* and always make me laugh)

So thanks for that.

Heather

Caroline said...

mostly what heather said.

HEY! And which two of us get your love? Because love is being stretched in both of our ways, and there are three of us.

Although Heather and I are pretty much in the same place. And according to our Book/Drama club president, only actually count as one person. So it's possible that's what you meant.

Humerous...
ahahahahaha.

emilea said...

you are completely fabulous, anna. oh my goodness. i'm sitting here in english three on the verge of slightly dying and i read this and know that the world is right. geez. i was thinking the other day (because i once again have a new fitness goal. not that i ever achieve them, but this one i'm sticking with...i hope) about working out and staying fit and govie and i was like 'i definantely want to do, like, aerobic walking around falls park. but who would do such a seemingly silly thing (but extremely beneficial to your health)?" and then i was like "anna. anna would." : - ) beastness. i posted my personal essay for govie on don't fret. a little nervous. okay, lie. a lot nervous.

and this is a long comment. i love the names of bones. femur, ulna (i mean, who came up with that one? i'm so sure someone named it after their daughter, oh my goodness), scapula. yeah. : - )

much love,
emilea

emilea said...

caroline, you and heather live on the same island. i live four hours away from you. both ways = your island +four hours away from you. : - )

and it's good to hear your voice in my head again. reading of course...: - )

muuuuuuuch love,
emilea

Heather said...

not technically an island.

AK Faison said...

I wish Emilea was coming for Thanksgiving...

AK Faison said...

Edit: Both your ways meaning it's stretched from Murrells Inlet to Greenville.

I also just decided that Heather and Caroline need to have their own island. Will get to work on this.

emilea said...

still, it's in the name,right? you live in the same vecinity...ish. : - )

definantely will have to make heather and caroline and island. but what will it be called?

i want to come for thanksgiving tooooooooo!!!!! but thanksgiving is being hosted at my house this year, and since we always celebrate my birthday on thanksgiving...yeah. kind of hard to miss my own family birthday party. or else i totally totally unquestionably would.

much much love, spread three ways (*smile*),

emilea

Heather said...

We could name it Mim's Island, of course. As I am Jodi Foster.

"Hellooo, Jodie Foster!"
-George Singleton

AK Faison said...

AHAHAHAHAHA!

Yes. It's really funny, I didn't notice the resemblance at all until George pointed it out.

Well, only on the condition that Gerard Butler comes to stay on the island. (He played the Phantom of the Opera in the movie adaption, you know. Which basically makes me want to have his babies).

Heather said...

As long as you don't molest him, I'm good with that. Gerard Butler babies could only make this world a happier place.

emilea said...

you guys are nuts.

awwww, anna. i love you. i went to open house and scott talked about how when he asked how often do you write at auditions, the answer should be everyday. and so i just started to make time to write for ten solid minutes a day. and it could be a journal entry or a poem. i've started muting commercials and reading short stories until the show comes back on. i've just had to make some time. i figure that commercial time/ ten minutes is totally better than nothing. and it makes me feel connected to g.s. and you guys in some bizarre way.

anyways. i love you. and don't feel bad. all of our lives are crazy.

much love,
emilea